Wednesday, November 28, 2007

IP Address please!

Why dont people just have unique names? It can surely save a few embarassing situations ... if only people had unique names!

I got a beautiful ecard from this guy called Kiran yesterday. Kiran Kumar? Who kiran? Which Kiran? Thota Kiran (my classmate?) or is K2 (my school mate?) or is it .... which Kiran Kumar... half a dozen names and I couldnt figure out which one actually sent me this card...

So I decided to be 'smart' and play it 'safe' - I just replied in a very casual tone ... "thanks... how r u ? where are you these days?" - as if to ask whether he is still in the USA or has he returned to India.

and my my .. here is the surprise! - this is the mail I get back from him!


-----Original Message-----
From: kiran kumar
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2007 10:51 AM
To: Raghu
Subject: Re: An anniversary wish from kiran kumar

Good morning Boss...
this is kiran....
i am one of the members in ur company.



On 11/27/07, Raghu <
raghu@............> wrote:

Hey Thanks a lot!
Whats up with you? Where r u these days?



Now now ... tell me how am I going to guess that someone who sits in my office would actually send me an ecard and that too after wishing me in the morning? But yeah a very sweet gesture :)

I wish each of us had a unique number instead of names.. so there is no ambiguity! :P How about an IP address? ;-)

Or have a really *llllloooooonnnnnnnggggggg* name so that there is no chance of anyone else having it too! :P

Challenge here... anyone with a longer name than "Kanchustambham Srinivasa Raghavendra"? My parents were smart... werent they? :P Just that I used to find it impossible to fit that full name on OMR sheets for exams! :P

And then I met YVVS Siva Nagendra on the campus! Yellamanchili Veera Venkata Sathya Siva Nagendra! Oops... Siva... dont sue me if I got any part of this name wrong.... well, I wonder if he will get his own name right! :P

Perhaps IP addresses are better! ;-)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Raghu,

This is Krishnan.Belated Birthday wishes!!

Now don't roll your mind to the past. I am Nattamai Subramanian Krishnan, whom you have never met:))

Sweetstickychewy said...

lol...Interesting thought.

:D

Thanks for visitng my blog.

Cheers!

Raghu said...

@nattamai subramanian krishnan!

thanks for dropping by ... and participating in the competition! :P

did you not have a problem filling that name on your i cards or hall tickets in your school days? :)

And ... nope its not my birthday today... i was in january... so will take those as advanced wishes! :)

Raghu said...

@sweetstickychewy

and thanks for visiting mine!

Unknown said...

Of course..I was a problem to many:)), but my name was never. I write it as N.S.Krishnan(Sweet na;)

Anonymous said...

dont u just love those long names...iam not very much for those short snappy names like rocky, pinku, tintu etc...gimme those 16 sylabble names anytme...there was a time u had the person whole address in his name with his whole linage dating back to the monkey...

Raghu said...

@tys
and pray tell me why your name has been shortened to be shorter than 'rocky - pinku - tintu' ? :P

dude! you have no idea how much time I would spend to figure out the best way to fit my 'full name' on the answer sheets! The instructions used to ask for "full name" and I used to take that literally too seriously! :)

what does tys expand to? you never know how big that expansion could be! :)

Tys on Ice said...

ah..thts a long story...the tys is short for tyson...which i got as a nick name in college...somehow the damn thing stuck...now, my wife and my son calls me tht...so, i figured wht the hell...the real name seems to come out only at work...i must be one of the few people whose real name is never known...noone knew my real name in college...infact whn my parents visited tht place and asked for me, students told tht such a person doesnt study there...life!

Anonymous said...

Ah, so the dude complaints about me blogging and here you are!