Monday, November 26, 2007

I am Hot!

8 pm - time for evening shower. Being a thursday, Niharika requested (read demanded) that I go to the temple with her. As we walked to the temple, I started my little practice of what I have been learning over the last three weeks!

The short walk to the temple, and I started focusing on the breeze that was hitting me. Cool and pleasant and soothing... it was a fantastic experience. I was focusing on how my skin was reacting to the gentle touch of the breeze - comparing with the experience my muscles reacted to the warm water caressing my body in the shower a few minutes ago. As we walked, I attempted to feel the fabric on my body ... I was trying to awaken all my senses. (I was practising that for weeks now!) ... Thanks to the patient, incessant followup by my Guru! :)

There were some bhajans happening in the temple... As I do not believe in prayers of that sort I sat down in the corner and started meditating. I was chanting the mantra, I was trying to watch my mind. The way thoughts were flowing in, and flowing out. I was feeling the way my shirt felt on my body. And simultaneously I could hear voices around me in such crystal clear effects... It was better than the Dolby effect at the Forum!

I am not kidding.. just the day before when I meditated at home, I could hear birds chirping (yes.. in bangalore!) and I could hear the water drops in such amplified levels.... I never realized that these were being filtered off on other days! :)

And then as a parallel lifestyle change, I am trying hard towards unconditional love. I must confess that I find the path difficult because I have to clear out so many cobwebs in my nervous system first. Lets just say that it is a 'work in progress'.

With the attempts I make, my mind seems to be finding peace.

And ... And... yesternight in the temple, while I sat down and was absorbed in meditation and observing my mind, I felt heat flowing in my body from the air around me. Suddenly I realized the number of thoughts flowing in were reducing drastically. I could sense that my energy levels were going up.Flat two minutes and my hands were warm... or so I felt. I hit the peak of focusing... or atleast I felt so.

After a few minutes I opened my eyes. I was seeing the world around me in different colors! The vision seemed to suddenly have become brighter and the shades seem to be more crisp! I was not too sure if I was dreaming...

For me .. for a techie ... for someone who loves to explain everything using science, chemicals, reactions - this was not something I would take without verifying and confirming. So instant reaction ... was to touch my cheeks... and yes .. my palms were HOT!

I almost dismissed it as a 'psychological' effect. I touched Niharika who was sitting next to me as if a gesture to "lets go"... and she exclaimed "why are your palms so hot?"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.